For All the GYRL's ("Gifted & Gorgeous, Youthful, Resourceful, Ladies.") & Guys!

For You.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

AISHA TYLER IS LIT & THE SHHHHH...

Though this clip is super old, I think this is a very good luck for all the GYRL's out in Hollywood, and on television.

I remember when I saw Aisha Tyler in that Twista video for Slow Jamz, she'd been grindin' in the Industry for some time, but I never quite knew what her deal was...model, actress, comedienne, friend to hip-hoppers? But this clip has, to me, cemented her status as one of the most brilliant Renaissance women currently in the Game. Such a shame the real talent is always slept on...but that's a whole 'nother conspiracy theory blog. LALALAND!!!!!!!!!




Hopefully They're waking Up:


"My first one-hour special airs on Comedy Central on February 21st and will be available on DVD on February 24th, 2009. In it, you’ll see a really different, crazier, edgier, more fun side—a side of me that people don’t know. I think people want to be scandalized. I think they want irreverence in their comedy, to say “I can’t believe she said that!”

When I found myself in a TV lull during 2008’s writer’s strike, I was able to turn my attention back to stand-up comedy, which I’ve been doing for more than 15 years. I taped one of my shows at the Improv in Tempe, AZ, and pitched it to Comedy Central, who liked it and bought it. It’s the first thing my company produced, so it was really, really exciting. And it was wonderful to have that kind of control over a project that was really my passion, my baby. We taped at the Fillmore in San Francisco, and to be up on that stage, knowing that acts like the Rolling Stones and Janis Joplin have been there, is pretty awesome."

No comments:

Post a Comment